No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

12 June 2010

Challenging myself

So the other day I had to do a challenge inspiration card for my yahoo group Club_StampPatch.  I post the color challenge each month for the group.  With Independence Day coming, I wanted to do a red,white and blue theme.  I have almost no "patriotic" stamps (as I discovered when a swap came up with that theme).  I got rid of the ones I bought after 9/11 because I didn't seem to have much opportunity to use them.  I have a few $1 clear stamps from AC Moore, but they are small and can't really make up a whole card.  I have a digi stamp BUT I have used it for a card for the secret sister swap and it would have given away who I am to my swap sister. 

Hmmmmmmm . . .  what to do, what to do?  I got out some red,white and blue card stock, used the cricut to punch out some stars, got out some art glitter, and a sheet of background paper with flags that I bought for $0.69 and here is what I came up with: 


Not bad, I think.  I used some paper cord I had from when that was the HOT embellishment to have, and used them to attach some of the stars so they look like fire works!  I popped up the sentiment which I used the petite oval nestiblities on, and attached the paper cord with the stars behind that so they seem to be shooting out from behind that.  TFL.

No comments: