No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

08 June 2010

Dreams on the Coast

I decided that as my blog Gale's Capescapes has a very limited focus of working artist and my jewelry business, I really needed some place to share my other interests (stamping, paper crafts, cake decorating, tablescapes, etc etc) and to just comment in general on life, Cape Cod, and what ever else.  I may have no followers or a small group but if one post touches someone or inspires someone then I will be happy.  If nothing else it sure beats the cost of therapy sessions!
Today, lets talk about cards . . . I have been hanging on by my creative fingernails since my Dad (Rocky) passed away in August through working on handmade cards.  I got into a group called Split Coast Stampers (SCS) where I am inspired and challenged on a regular bases.  I saw a technique tutorial on their site for an acetate card and my friend Sandymice of Sandymice Stamping sent me a few sheets to try this technique without investing in a box of 100.  I tried out the technique and really liked the effect:


Stamps used are Inkadinkado using Stazon inks. Front sentiment is Stampin Up (SU) 5th avenue and popped up butterfly is MS butterfly punch stamps combo.

I enjoyed its look so much that when I had a card to do for a couple from church's 50th anniversary, I decided to use this technique for the anniversary card.  I wanted to use a lovely floral embellishment I had gotten which then made the card too big for an envelope.  To answer this issue I made a presentation box for it.  I was pretty pleased with the results:


Acetate card stamped with Staz-on Cotton White using Inkadinkado "Flourishes" by Brenda Walten, and their "Best Wishes" sentiment from "Floral Expressions". The sentiment panel is embossed with Cuttlebugs "Birds and Swirls". Metalic CS is Stardream gold and pearl (Marco's Paper). I cut the panels with my cricut using the Don Juan cartridge. The roses are Trellis Roses Ivory flower embellishments from Prima Marketing that I rubbed Brilliance Galaxy Gold over (used to stamp sentiments too). Butterflies are embossed with Sizzix and then punched with Martha Stuart (MS) butterfly and stamp punch set. Then a few little adhesive pearls to bling it up some more!
Would love your comments but if you are comment shy that's okay too - TFL!

2 comments:

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Oh yes... you nailed it... they are stunning!
Inka

LM said...

these are even cooler than you described -- i'm so glad you posted!