No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

15 June 2010

So do you like my new blog title?

This is from a design exercise I did with my friend Betsy about 2 years ago (the whole group of pictures are showing on the slide show just below the blog title).  I finally figured out how to create my own title graphics using Paint and how to get it into the blog without it looking odd (cannot tell you how many times I tried this on my other blog Gale's Capescapes).  The details of the design exercise are here.
I am not a photographer type but I will say using the eye of my camera to "see" things differently (texture, shade, light, color) really got my creative juices going.  I think this is the summer to try this exercise again and do it more often.  If nothing else I'll end up with some really neat pictures of the Cape!
Here's one of my other FAV pictures of the Cape:


It's a cranberry harvest at one of the bogs by my house.  My Dad and I came across them getting ready and he video taped the whole process - even went back the next day and the owner of the bog invited him to come get a closer view and ask questions.  I have to find where he put that video and get it changed to a DVD.

No comments: