No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

14 June 2010

So my project this past weekend was . . .

I have been racking my brain to come up with a new creative "giftie" to use for the end of the secret sister swap I am in - mind you the swap does not end until September but I am trying to get things done ahead so I can enjoy my free time this summer.  So this past week's Wednesday Tutorial at Split Coast Stampers was this awesome Stationery Box.  It was cloudy, damp and cold this weekend so what better time to try this!  So here is my try at this box:





I modified what went into the box to reflect sending this to a stamper - so while I made cards for her to use, I did not do the tags or note cards.  I didn't have double sided DP so I glued two layers together. The inside layer was a DP designed to be a scrapbook page with a border. I made sure I laid it out so the border showed at the bottom and then when I did the lid I had the border be in the front. That allowed me to use some neat soft cherry cs, ribbon and even some felt flowers mixed with a single layer of a paper flower cut out that I curled and then pinched the ends of the petals. I adjusted the box to include a spool of coordinating ribbon and post-it. I also lucked in and had a new pen that happened to match the box colors so I did not have to decorate it!

Here is the outside of the box with the lid on:


I saw some neat and interesting variations on this that others did, so I think I might do this for some gifts in the future with some of the variations I saw.  TFL.

2 comments:

LM said...

that is soo cool... how big is it??

Gale said...

It holds A4 cards so its about 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" x 2" . . .