No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

24 July 2010

Christmas in July

Just a quickie post.  Did a challenge card for the yahoo group Club_Stamppatch.  Our challenge was Christmas in July. 

I was a little frustrated getting this Inkadinkdo image stamped - I used gold brilliance ink and it puddled and mottled on dark blue linen style CS.  Then I tried white staz-on on the blue CS and the image came out too pale.  I then moved to this glossy CS and the image was okay but not as crisp as the paler image I had done - but I went with it anyway.  I layered it on some silver CS and made my own background paper with a snow swirl stamp from the same Inkadinkdo set and blue memories ink.  Wrapped that with some pretty blue and silver ribbon - like a present - and then layered that on more silver CS.  Sentiment is from same set.  I blinged it up by adding adhesive gems to Santa's magic snow trail and one over the "i" in Christmas where the stamp had a star.

No comments: