No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

12 July 2010

Last Night and Today's Creativity

One of the interesting trends I have been seeing in card making is the addition of "hat pins" to cards.  In reality most of these are either beaded corsage pins or stick pins, but regardless they are an interesting embellishment to cards.  I actually make hat pins and stick pins so I have been mulling over using one of my stick pin creations in a card.  I got the opportunity with a 1 for 1 swap card I was making with a butterfly theme.  I had a great stick pin already made with a butterfly on it which had beading that matched really well.
The stamped image is an old PSX stamp colored with copics and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up 5th Avenue set.  The butterfly embellishment is cricut Home Decor cartridge which I got on a major sale! Sorry I can't tell you the DP manufacturer.

I was all over the place with my colors mainly because I made the butterflies with the cricut without pulling out the background paper and I swore there was blue in it, so I had to get creative in making everything go together.
The other card I made today after seeing that the challenge for the Clean and Simple challenge at SCS was for dry embossing.  I needed a simple card to send to someone from church who has been facing some real health challenges, just to say I was thinking of them and praying for the doctors to figure out what was going on with him.  I had this CS I had played with embossing just a corner of using the Sizzix embossing folder I got a while back - it was part of a multiple EF set with a stylized watermelon image and a great raspberry image.  Here is what I came up with:

Sizzix EF, Inkadinkado sentiment, unknown DP and "Classy Red" Queen & Co. adhesive pearls.

I had to photograph this on an angle to get the right shadows on the embossing.  I tried just stamping the sentiment on the embossed CS but it looked too blah so I thought the DP pattern seemed to reflect the watermelon and the swirls in the embossing.  Planning some creative play for this week so should have some interesting posts coming up if everything goes as planned.

No comments: