No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

20 July 2010

Soooooo about that artist trip . . .

I had posted that I was going to be doing an artist day and would have some interesting photos and stuff to show . . . well the day turned out cloudy and the light was flat.  So instead my friend Betsy and I went to check out her friend Barbara's pastel exhibit and open studio at "The Selectmen's Building" in West Barnstable.  Then we went to The Cahoon Museum of American Art (after we tried to go to the Cotuit Center for the Arts which looked closed - or at least not open to visitors as there were plenty of people working around the place).

I hope to get out on a sunny day soon and take some light and shadow pictures to add to my Cape photo collection.  The sunny days we have had have been too hot but I am hopeful that will change soon.

So in the mean time, here are some cards I have been working on.  The first is for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge which was also for get well cards for my friend Kim's daughter who had her tonsils out.  The story was about hearts - lots and lots of hearts.

Image (Digi): Arthur’s Free Clip art http://www.arthursclipart.org/index.html colored with copics, sentiment Fiskars’ All Year Greetings, Nestiblities Big Scallop Ovals, DP unknown. I added red, rose and pink hearts I punched out as some additional heart rain.

The next two were just "because".  No challenges and no place to send them - yet.

This is another Arthurs Free Clip Art image - I love this one (colored with copics).  The "Hello" is also Fiskars All Year Greetings too.

I love the MS punches I used in this one.  This is an easel card.  

I had to do this pun  (the two boys singing "la" with a sentiment of "Just a note") . . . I meant to do this card with the cuttlebug music embossing folder but forgot - guess I have to do this card again!

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my gosh these are the cutest cards. Thank you for your sweet comment on my tea treat card today on SCS.