No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

08 July 2010

Variations on a theme

I had to make a sample card for the color challenge for the yahoo group I co-own.  I don't know why but I decided on pink, black and white.  I could not come up with a card right away so I posted the colors and then mulled over them for a few days.  Here is what I came up with:


I decided on using a soft pink and as I had no black and white background paper I stamped my own using Inkadinkado's Garden Flowers clear stamps by Brenda Walter (I love her stuff).  Then I stamped the stylized rose from Inkadinkado's Floral Expressions clear stamps and did a stylized coloring with my copics.  The sentiment is from Fiskar's All Years Greetings.  Embellished with black sticky pearls and pink ribbon.
Well I wanted to join in on this week's Teapot Tuesday's 101 party.  In honor of it being the 101 party the story is all about Duke the Dalmatian who was born without his spots -most dalmatians are born all white (get it - 101 tea parties, 101 Dalmatians . . . )  So Duke needs spots in order to take a job as dalmatian for Fire Engine 9 in Seattle and the tea party gang are suppose to bring as many dot - errrrrrr - spots as they can for Duke.  I decided I would take the above card and tweak it for the party.  Then I discovered it would also be a perfect card for this weeks challenge over at Stamping B's.


I love red with black and white - especially with polka dots - so I changed out the CS to red.  I had no black and white polka dot background paper so I downloaded some polka dot images from the web (actually sample "colors" for some house hold items) and made my own paper.  The rose is also colored with copics and I did polka dotted ribbon and bow to just add more dots.
- Gale

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE THE DOTTED BOW! Thanks for playing with the B's!

ps LOVE your header picture! What an awesome house!!

Benzi said...

Love your card before and after tweaked. But, I am partial to those dots and love those gorgeous bow. So glad you joined us at the StampinB this week with this beautiful creation.

Oh, to live by the sea!

Joanne (jojot) said...

First things first....is that really your home.cottage in the pic....if so, I am soooo envious....I love the ocean and would love to live ON the sand like that....

Anyhoo...your cards are gorgeous....and thanks for playing with the Stampin B's

Gale said...

LOL okay all - I just posted a "disclaimer" below my title photo. This is not my house - I live about a 10 mins drive from the beaches here (10 mins north and 10 mins south get me to beaches on both sides of the Cape). The photo is one of a group of rental cottages on the "lower Cape" (which is really the northern tip of Cape Cod).

Brenda Brown said...

Love your cards Gale, both of them. Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment.
Take care. Luv B xxx