No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

29 August 2010

Caterpillar to a butterfly

Well the yard work took longer and more out of me then I expected - probably because half way through mowing my lawn I discovered yellow jackets (aka wasps for those of you from the UK) starting to build a nest inside of the OFF! bug lantern right where Chauncey hangs out when he is on his cable chilling out.  After some high power water spray and a trip to the hardware store for wasp spray - because of course I was out - the nest is dead, and the lamp and pole are dumped in the woods to be picked up after the first frost (note: picture me with my best Scottish battle cry grabbing the thing out of the ground and running it into the woods - should have had a video camera).  There are still some scattered yj's hanging around so I sprayed a lot of the surrounding stuff including my adirondack chairs which they seem to be fascinated by.  Hmmmmmmm, bees and such seem to be a theme for me this weekend.

So I never got back to the SCS VSN until almost midnight.  That's when I saw the second to last challenge by Pam "Its all about butterflies".  I had just resurrected this great sentiment stamp that I had wanted to create a card around and I had been given some lovely butterfly images in a swap I was part of this summer (mind you we have a 45 min limit of creating the card as part of the VSN challenge so anything I did not have to stamp myself or dig out of my pile of stamps were going to be a plus).  We were suppose to incorporate flowers into the card too which I noticed after the card was almost done; however the good news was there were flowers in the little frame around the sentiment.  The sentiment says "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" - Anonymous.


The butterfly DP is from two different paper blocks which I think are both DCWV but not 100% on that.  They both have a little sparkle - the circling butterflies all sparkle and the other butterflies has sweeps of sparkle through out the paper.  I colored the butterfly image with copics and then used Elmer's 3D glue with sparkles in it on the butterfly wings - pink on the edges and clear on the main body.  The sparkles are light and not sure how well they will show up in the photo - I tried to pick the one that showed the sparkles on all of the card the best (click on the photo to enlarge and you will see some of the sparkle).  I popped the butterfly up with an extra thick dimensional. Sentiment is from Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. using Tim Holtz's distress ink - tea dyed.

No comments: