No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

08 August 2010

If you obey all the rules . . .

We had a sketch challenge for this months challenge over at Club_StampPatch on Yahoo.  Not only did I use the sketch Patricia gave us, I also used her inspiration card as a theme inspiration! I had just dug out of my desk, some stationary I bought 5 or 6 years ago that had a dress pattern theme and then I saw Patricia card which was all based on a dress pattern and dress making and I knew what I had to do.


Card is A7 size which is a departure for me.  The young girl image is a digi stamp from "The Creative Mind of Sylvia" who does free digi stamps every Sunday from her blog. I colored her with copics and a hint of sakuru glazed gel pen on the lips and the shoes.  The stationery I used is something I bought from Borders. The yellow and white floral paper is unknown - but I think its Me & My Big Ideas.  Used MS border punch.  Sentiment is from River City Rubber Works and the ribbon is American Crafts premium ribbon, button was dug out of my mom's old button can (love that old can - it was a cookie tin can and has "mom" printed in the design and I can see my mom getting it out to look for a button to match something where a button had fallen off.)

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Wow!.. I love your card and how you've coloured her in.. Spectacular! Thankyou for using my image... Hugs
Sylvie X