No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

20 August 2010

Just Because . . .

Today's card is for this week's challenge over at Kenny K which is "Bold and Bright".  I went with an easel card and Kenny K's image Queens Cutie.  My youngest godchild is just entering middle school this coming week.  Up until coming back from camp last week she was content doing her clothes shopping over in the boys department; however, she made friends with some girls at UU camp in Maine (she went with her Grandma Ruth) who convinced her she needed a little more "fashion" in her wardrobe.  So clothes shopping last week with her mom was at Aeropostale  . . . Between that and finally deciding this summer to get her ears pierced (she has had the option for a few years and has turned it down) I think she has finally turned into a teen girl!!!!  She hates, I mean HATES pink, and LOVES orange so I had her in mind when I picked the colors for this card - although she is a blond and I really wanted to try my hand again at coloring hair that is or appears black - so while it is a card for her it is not suppose to represent her.  I already sent a back to school card so I think this will wait until she needs a pick me up - because I sure remember how painful junior high can be . . .


Image - KennyK Downloads Queens Cutie colored with Copic Ciaos; sentiments - Fiskars All Year Greetings; butterfly brads - Recollections; DP - From the same mystery pack I've been using lately which I think is DCWV; Ribbon - American Crafts; Light green adhesive gems - Queen & Co.  Please feel free to leave comments - we love getting comments!

2 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at the KKKG challenge!

Michelle said...

oh what a beautiful card. The papers are gorgeous and you have coloured her so well and her hair looks just perfect. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at KKKG.