No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

18 August 2010

My favorite card and my newest card

This is a card a few of you have seen either on SCS or Club_StampPatch.  I made it a few months ago for my friend Kimmie (aka CrazyKim) when she was going through a bit of a creativity slump during their summer. 


I love the Cicely Mary Baker flower fairy stamps (this is the Rose Fairy - Stamps Happen) and I love the easel card! I changed the original instructions in SCS from being a square card design to an A2 size.  I had some 3 dimensional Brenda Walton rose stickers from K&Company I had for a few years that I mounted on CS and cut out around the flowers and mounted with dimensional dots to make the flowers pop.  I don't normally shoot my pictures from and angle but it was the best way to show off the dimensionality of the card.  I used a couple of adhesive gems from Queen & Co. as dew drops.

Well yesterday was Teapot Tuesday with another great story and great destination station.  Go check out Cindy's blog "This is My Story" to ready the latest story and see the inspiration teapot HERE.  This card went to a brave little man who just had a bone marrow transplant and loves fishing - the donor was his little sister (I sent her a card too)!  Here is my card and and my story:


Fish is from a free dingbat called Fun Fish that is cut on blue CS with my cricut using my Sure Cuts A Lot software and then I backed it with iridescent paper. Image of bear and creel are from free coloring book pages off the Net colored with Copics. Teapot embellishment I bought years ago at a stamp convention and sentiment is from Fiskars All Year Greetings. Gem “bubbles” are Queen & Co.

Here is my story:
Well it’s another fine kettle of fish we’re in Olley. Olley is the “enforcer” of the Silver Fins and he has to lead all these 42,000 fish working on getting Gill back because Guido always goes so fast he leaves the rest behind. Olley came up with a plan, Stan. Stanley is one of those “flying fish” that have invaded some of the waters here in the States and Olley decided Stan and his gang should fly in the air to see exactly where Gill is hanging out. Stanley and his flying fish gang jump in the air to discover the Gil is in the creel (that’s the fish basket) of Benjamin the Bear. When Stan reported this back to Olley they knew what they had to do . . . Guido swam really fast up to Benjamin Bear’s fishing pole and distracted Ben by having him “catch” a teapot. Ben was so confused by the teapot on his fishing pole that he never saw Stan’s gang grab Gill and bring him back down the hill before the FishFather turned them all into fillets!

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous easel card! Thanks for entering the Speedy the Cat's Team Member contest. I will be letting you know if you are a winner!