No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

26 August 2010

Playing in some fun challenges!

I played in some fun challenges over at SCS this week.  The first was Sunday's "Featured Stamper" who was Princess Heather this week.  Her album is a joy to go through and I was glad she was chosen this week at it was a sad week for her with the loss of her uncle.  So I cased one of her cards and this is what I came up with:

This sweet little girl  is “Collecting sea shells” by Stamps Happen.  I  used pearl adhesives  in honor of the beach theme. Image colored with Copic Ciaos. EF is from Sizzix. Border punch is our girl MS.  The sweet little flowers are out of the bridal department at AC Moore and the leaves are a free dingbat cut with SCAL on my Cricut.

The second challenge card was for this week's Teapot Tuesday over at "This is My Story" - They run like the dickens! I'm sick of these chickens!  We were at Molly Brown's house this week (trust me - go read Cindy's very funny story).  Now Cindy leaves a little hint a few days ahead on her blog and I thought I was golden with a sweet little girl and her baby chicks.  Wrong!  Bringing chickens meant you had to come in the back door of the tea party.  So first - here's the card:

Then the story and the card details all go together.

I tried to guess where Mother Mark was going with her hint on her blog so I’m coming in the back door (sort of) but let me explain, Jane. Jane is a sweet young girl who grew up in the country and loves chickens and especially little chicks. She heard that there was at least 42,000 of them running around over at Molly Brown’s place and she was hoping that if she brought her prettiest hat, some pretty flowers, ribbon, lace and pearls she might be allowed to take some of those little chicks home with her. So she got some pretty material from her mom and made a fancy bow for her hat and hair and then stuck some black-eyed susans in the hat bow. She bundled up all the other pretty stuff and even brought some green and blue wall paper from her grand-pa’s store hoping that it will help in the restoration of Margaret and JJ Tobin’s house. Maybe if Jane comes in the back door with all this lovely stuff then those little chickies at her feet and the one she is kissing will be allowed to come home with her – helping Molly get those darn chickens out of her hair!

I had the image – Precious Moments by Sarah Kay – already colored with Copics and then colored pencil over the Copic color on the hat for texture and the sky for depth and she was so darn sweet I could not give her up to come in the front door (besides she is perfect for Alea)! So I had to act quickly with the rest of the card to save the day. The lace border is Fiskars, pearls are Queen & Company, ribbon is Celebrate It, DP is DCWV and Over the Moon. Gerber Daisy is from a free SVG file cut with SCAL on Cricut

No comments: