No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

19 August 2010

Summer's end

I hate seeing summer come to its end.  There are only a few weeks left and this year I feel cheated because it was so humid on our normally not humid peninsula which made hanging out at the beach pretty limited.  I do savor the last few weeks of summer that are in September - days are normally warm and beach friendly, nights are cool, and . . . I have to say it . . . the tourists have left for the season.  The light starts to take on a different look which will continue on the Cape through most of the fall.  Its a richer glow that really makes the colors, especially at the dunes and the "great marsh" look more vibrant and bold.

Today over on SCS the "Ways to Use IT" challenge 284 inspired me to try something I have seen done on several different cards.  Today's challenge was ways to use versamark(tm) ink - the clear embossing ink that also works great to make watermark images on your cards.  I normally use it for the watermark property - love how its almost like the invisible ink you played with as a kid.  Today though I wanted to try creating a sunset background with direct to paper and sponging and a back-lit looking front image.


I used a circle template I made and a template cut from paper of a rise of a hill.  I laid those together and applied the versa mark ink DTP on yellow CS and then embossed it with clear EP.  I then applied rich oranges and pinks to the sky and greens and green-blues to the ground.  Then I stamped the tree image (Inkadinkado Fall Fields) with forest green memories ink.  Also used Prima Marketing "Say It with Pearls" Swirls Fimo Brown cut up, and Nestiblities oval.  I took the cover off the paper pack for the background paper (to cut up and use - of course) but I think is DCWV.

Oh I forgot to mention in my last post that I got an email from Paper Craft Magazine that I was one of the winners in "A Few of Your Favorite Things" sweepstakes from the July/August issue of Paper Crafts magazine".  I should be getting some yummy new stuff to play with in a few weeks!  Yippeyyyyyyyyy!

No comments: