No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

04 September 2010

How I spent my time waiting for "Earl"

After moving things inside, tying down garbage cans and stacking the heavy outdoor stuff there was nothing left to do except hang out and watch the Weather Channel.  So I printed off a bunch of my digi stamps - not knowing if we were going to lose power.  This way I could color during the day today if I was waiting around for electricity.  But the good news was Earl got downgraded to a tropical storm before he got to us - so he was all bluster and no bite!
Last night as Earl came along, I saw the Ways to Use It challenge over at SCS, which was to create a card using 1 sheet of CS, and I was intrigued by the comment that you could layer as long as it was from that one sheet.  So I printed off another digi image (in keeping with the 1 CS sheet theme) and here is what I came up with:


The digi image "Violet Elizabeth" from marjoriesmalarkies is on white CS. I colored the image with copics and fussy cut it. Then I stamped the teddy bear (PSX) several times with tuxedo black mementos on a 1/4 of the CS, cut that out with the nestiblites oval and sponged Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distressed Ink on it. The remaining 1/2 sheet became the card - used Dotted Swiss EF on about 4/5th of the front of the card. I cut a strip of teddy bears from the left overs after I cut the oval out and sponged that with the same TH ink. Brown ribbon from American Crafts and dotted bow from Offray. Pink gems are from a Hero Art set. Sentiment is Inkadinkado. After I put it all together with Violet popped up - it still needed something . . . I took a scrap of CS left from fussy cutting Violet and stamped the Teddy Bear again and colored him with Copics and adhered him hanging off the edge of the oval.  Some how that seemed to make things balance better.

No comments: