No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

15 September 2010

It's Moxie Fab . . .

. . . that it's my birthday and Moxie Fab World is having a Jolly Holly Greetings Challenge as part of their launch of their Holiday Cards and More release. This challenge is for holiday greeting cards. So if you are a long time reader of this blog (that would be about 4 of you LOL) then you know I created my prototype cards for this Christmas in July as part of a Christmas in July challenge over in my yahoo group. As I know I have lots of new readers I am going to re-post one of the favorites I created and I'll give you a link to the initial post.

So here is my moxie fab Christmas card - it has been a favorite over in SCS:

Here is the original post:  . . . and Christmas in July Part 3

Check out the other July posts for the rest of the cards.  I can report that my snow man cards are almost complete - I have completed the whole front panel for all the cards and have stamped the inside sentiment to the card base and adhered the front panels to about half of them.  For the card above I was missing something for it but I have now gotten that item so once the snowmen are done its on to this card - maybe my cards will be done before Thanksgiving?!?!?!?

On a different note:  Today would have also been my Mom's 87th birthday.  Bea is where I get about 85% of my artistic and creative talent from.  When she was 70 years old she went back to school to take painting classes after having only done pastel work occasional for the previous 50 years.  She studied water color, acrylics and even Japanese bamboo painting!  I have her still lifes hanging in my dining area.  I still get angry when I think about how she was taken from me only a few years after that because of a hospital mistake, but most of the time I just miss her - she'd have been ALL OVER this card stamping and papercrafting.

Mom and me c. 1964 at Sterling Forest Gardens in Tuxedo, NY (this beautiful place opened only a few years before this picture and closed in 1976)

Mom, my late brother David and me at my high school graduation.  David had not let any one take his picture during his college graduation the previous year so Mom convinced him to put on the cap and gown he still (mysteriously) had and pose for this picture.  I am so glad he did!

Beatrice Rockwell (1923 - 1998)  I love you Mom!  Happy Birthday to us!!!

7 comments:

jovialjudi said...

Happy Birthday gf!! And thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Christmas cards and heartwarming story about your family.Bea must have been a fabulous woman!! I just know how proud she would be of your own work Gale! I lost my mom 2.5 years ago and not a day goes by that I don`t think of her. I so enjoyed your pictures!! Hope you did something special for your day! Hugs, Judi

Cathie in UT said...

Beautiful card and a Belated Happy Birthday to you.
Loved the picture of your mother and you at the garden in NY...reminds me of my time too! LOL
I am blessed to still have my mother however far away she is I still feel her influence often

Grace said...

Oh your pics are just wonderful!!! I so understand you missing your Mom! I lost my Mom in 1998 too and still miss her lots, and lost a sister too so I know the bittersweet feelings going through these pictures must be for you! Happy belated birthday!!!

Kerttu said...

Ohh wow, this card is beautiful. The clean white with embossing and a littl red and black is really beautiful together. I totally need this embossing from CB!

Hugs
Kerttu

Betsy V said...

This is such a pretty card! The white embossing and stamping are so striking! Thanks so much for playing along with the Moxie Fab World challenges!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman

Charlene said...

Happy belated birthday and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos and memories of your mom, Gale.

Cath said...

Hey Gale! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)