No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

17 September 2010

Late (really late) summer thank you card

I created a card (Hot Diggity Dog) for last week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge over at prisillastyles blog for the very first time - and got picked by the random number generator to win their bonus prize of a $25 coupon from McMahon Five Designs - woooooo hooooooo!  I picked out a bunch of yummy embellishments.

So the moment I saw this week's sketch challenge MMSC71, I knew I HAD to play again as it featured a large flower type element in the design.  In my never ending quest for inexpensive ways to use my Cricut with the SCAL software, I found this amazing site, SVG Cuts, where they sell awesome SVG files to use with the SCAL for not a whole lot of money.  They have these whole sets of 3-D realistic flowers that I fell in love with and so I got the Fall Flower kit.  Easy to use and they even have a video you can view on the web on how to make each flower.  Just took me minutes to create - love it!


While the center of the actual flower file is realistic looking, because the sketch seemed to show a button in the center of the flower, I opted to go with one of the new brads I got when I won a give away over at Paper Craft Magazine.  The brad is from Basic Grey "Stitched" (think covered button meets brad - yummy).  The pearl and fimo flower flourishes are what was left from Prima Marketing "Say It with Pearls" Swirls Fimo Brown that I used on an earlier card.  The green paper lace ribbon is Basic Grey "Ribbon doilies"  (also part of that prize package).  The sentiment label is from Cricut cartridge Accent Essentials.  Sentiment is Inkadinkado "Just Saying" and DP is DCWV.

7 comments:

Grace said...

Oh wow! Great job with this week's MMSC!!! Congrats on winning the random drawing for a prize!!! You have no idea how lucky you are! I have been playing since the beginning and have never won a weekly draw! LOL! So BIG congrats to you!!! Your card this week is great and I can tell you these sketches are addictive! Thanks for visiting my blog so I found yours too!

Connie M. said...

This is just oh so beautiful!! I love that big flower..so fun and cheerful!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge! Hugs!!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

Carol said...

Gale your card is just beautiful. What a magnificent looking flower. Great focal point and fabulous details. Great job on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Gale - this is fabulous - you have nailed this weeks sketch! Your flower is divine - your card is beautifully detailed -don't you just love it when they come together quickly! 'Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love having you play along and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Gale your flower goes beautifully with that gorgeous dp! What a lovely take on the sketch challenge!
Denise
MMDT

Bee's hive said...

I love SVGcuts.com! I found them about a year ago..they're fantastic! Did you know that they give free svg's out on their blog, about twice a week they post a freebie? I have been making svgs on my blog to, go visit both and let me know what you think. (Svgcuts.com is on facebook too). My buddy Thienly is one of their designers, her blinkie is on my blog...

Charlene said...

Gorgeous flower!!