No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

24 October 2010

Clean and Simple challenge and more

So I got to sit down tonight and try something new - the sad thing is I can not get the camera to pick it up right.  I tried a technique from this week's technique challenge over at SCS - "Make it Shimmer" which combined water soluble crayons with "perfect pearls" which gives a wash of shimmer to the water coloring (so picture a pretty copper color wash over the leaves).  I combined this with the sketch challenge over at Clean & Simple Fall to Sketch #113.  I have learned that these simple layouts work best with CS that has texture to add interest.

Images: This is an old JudiKins cube stamp called "Pressed Leaves" that has 4 different leaves on the cube - these were stamped with Tuxedo Black Mementos ink and colored with Cran D'ache water soluble crayons with a wash of blush perfect pearls.  Sentiment is Hero Arts with same ink. Paper is Bazzil Basic and Bazzil Texture "Bling".  It did not look balanced so I added Studio 18 Strass rhinestones.

Friday, I finally was able to sit down and do another Hope You Can Cling To challenge over at SCS that Cindy (aka Mothermark) was hosting "Thank Heavens for Little Girls"  We were challenged to create a pink card inspired by the song from "Gigi"; or photos of these cute little girls in a room full of all of their pink stiff; or our memories of pink stuff we owned as a child; or the women at MD Anderson Cancer center.
While I love, love, love "Gigi" and this song, I went with a childhood memory. When I started 1st grade, my mom bought me a pink umbrella and I thought I was "it". Turns out no one else was using umbrellas (they were all into rain slickers) but I loved my umbrella so I used it any way. So here is my nod to my old umbrella. Of course as this was a mothermark challenge I did have to use lots of polka dots!

Digi image: Precious Moments on Arthur's Free Clip Art colored with copics; DP - DCWV; ribbon - celebrate it basic; bow - offray finishing touch; pink pearls - Zva Creative; MS corner punch.

Don't forget to become a follower and be eligible for all the great Blog Candy - read all about it HERE.

2 comments:

jovialjudi said...

Both cards are precious in their own right! The leaves look so real! But the little girl with her fun umbrella stole my heart as I had a similar childhood memory. And Cindy is the best and for such a wonderful cause. TFS!! Hugs, Judi

Vicky Hayes said...

Your leaf card is just gorgeous and what an interesting technique! I love your other card too - I yearned for a pretty umbrella when I was small...!