No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

08 October 2010

Fall!

Well as much as I don't want to admit it to myself, Fall is really here.  The nights are chilly, the cranberries are being harvested, the price of gas here on the Cape has gone up one last time for Columbus Day weekend (yup - its magic that the price went up $0.10 in one week) and I have had to turn the heat on in the house.
So in honor of fall I have made some cards for the season.  My first card is a play on words "Fall!" and is for three challenges - KennyK's Krafty Girlz - Bling It On!, Digital Tuesday Challenge - Ribbons, Buttons, Bling and the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #74.


Image: KennyK Downloads free image for October "Skate Chick" colored with copics, DP is Recollections (Ravenhead Manor) and DCWV (Mi Casa) - wish you could see that this is "blingier"then it appears as the floral paper is all glittered, Scalloped Circle is a SCAL with cricut (I believe this is one of the freebies from SVG Cuts), Dotted bow is Offray The Finishing Touch, Ribbon is American Crafts, and the pink gems are Queen & Co.

The second is a Halloween card I made for a friend.  I love this cute little cat from Mo's Digital Pencil!

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil "Bat Cat" colored with copics, Cloud/Bat and additional pumpkins from free SVG files cut on cricut with SCAL.  Sentiment (that you can barely see in this photo) is Studio G.

Don't for get Sunday 10/10/10 - The blog candy is coming!  The sooner you become a follower, the more drawings you have a chance to win.  The more friends you tell about this blog and get to follow the sooner we get to give away each level of blog candy!  Yummy!

5 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Gale - how adorable is this - that image is so-o-o cute! I love your colours and the divine colouring! What a great take on the sketch! I am loving this!! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jackie said...

Love the colourways, and the bow in particular onthis card, fabby coloring.. thanks for joining us at KKKGC this week

Ellie said...

These are both fantastic Gale! Love your coloring!!
I'm so happy you joined us at digital tuesday for the first time, hope to see you again next week!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Gale, these are FABULOUS!!! I love your fall card...your coloring is beyond gorgeous!
Super duper sweet halloween card too, such a cute image!!!
hugs & blessings!

marsha said...

Wow, this is just so OTT cute! Love your coloring and fabulous color choices and that divine bow! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I hope you will come back and play along with us again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD