No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

06 October 2010

Oh my - I'm so excited!


Whoot!  I got my very first blog award thanks to the sweet and talented Judi (aka Jovialjudi) of Paper Rose Petals.  Judi is amazingly talented and does some of the most beautiful water color cards you have ever seen.  Her other paper craft cards are fun, funny, cute and charming (often all at the same time).  You have to go check out her blog, then come back here to see who I am nominating!

So now it is my turn to pass on the fun to some of my favorite blogs that appear to have not already received this award.  If you are one of my nominated blogs and you elect not to do this blog award, I am perfectly okay with that - at least you will know how much I like your blog.

Inka - Altered Artifacts:  I have know Inka via the Internet and the stamping world for about 10 years.  She does the most amazing art using paper crafting and other related stuff.  If you love collage art, altered books, ATC, and such then you will love her blog (and she has some free stuff she gives away for use in your own work).
Babs - Buttons N Bows: I found her blog only recently and love her site.  Her cards are sweet and pretty and her blog does a lovely mix of paper crafting and personal.  She has a lot of great links to learn how to make things and videos too.
Grace - Th-Ink-ing of you:  Be prepared to have your breath taken away.  I have never seen more beautifully executed cards in my life.  Lots of embellishments and such, her cards are religious based and inspiring.  Just go and listen to her music and look at her creations when you need to recharge and regroup.
Joani - Cards Made By Hand: Talent, talent, talent!  Really fun paper crafts - I get a lot of good ideas from her.  She also is a great place to go see who is giving away blog candy and what challenges are out there to play.  And after you check her out don't tell me you don't have a craving for cupcakes!
Lora - Loras Cards: Lora is a fellow StampPatcher and is mega talented.  She is (and was) on several design and challenge teams.  She is is a great gal and I enjoy her blog and all the fun challenge cards.
Sherry - Heart2Heart Inklings: Sherry is getting this as my own personal new blogger award.  Sherry just became an SU demonstrator earlier this year and is doing a great job blogging about all the new stuff she is learning and sharing in her fun!

Go check out all of these talented ladies and leave them a comment or two (maybe even become a follower).  Blogger love is always appreciated!

Also, just a reminder that The Blog Candy is coming!

5 comments:

Babs said...

Thank you Gale for the award, it's my first one. I have put it on my blog and linked it to your website. I love Cap Cod, we spent a week there when it was our 25th anniverary. Hope to make it down there again someday.
Have a great day Gale and thanks again,
Babs.

Grace said...

Hi Gale! Goodness thank you so much for the sweet award!!! Thanks for the sweet (undeserved) things you said about my blog too.... but they are so appreciated!!! I will pick this up and post it on my page of awards when I have had time. I am on my way out the door right now and then I have grandkids coming for several days. What fun! Thanks Gale!
Hugs,
Grace

sherryd said...

Wow! Thank you for your kind award!

Heart2Heart Hugs!
sherry

marilynprestonn said...

Congrats on the blog award Gale. It is fun to visit here. I am always sure to spend time smiling and enjoying your beautiful cards and stories. You have as much talent as sweetness!

Kindly, Peggy

Joani said...

Gale you are so kind! Thank you for the sweetest words. I may not always leave a comment, but I love your blog. After leaving I feel like I need to clean the sand out of my shoes Ü
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Joani