No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

29 November 2010

Been up to a lot of stuff!

Wanted to share with you what I have been making this past week.  I am hard on to the scrapbook projects for my two goddaughters and I have a page to share with you.  I also have done a couple of card challenges that were fun.  First, we have this week's KennyK  Krafty Girlz challenge "Think Pink" and I decided to make a predominantly pink Christmas card.

Image:  KennyK Downloads "Xmas Shopping" colored with copics and then lips and earring done with sakura glaze gel pens and glittered up with stickles and elmers 3D glitter glue;  SU embossing folder using Bazzill basics pink CS and glammed up with Queen & Co pink gems, popped up punched out snow flakes MS punch and then glittered up with icicles stickles and pink elmers 3D glitter glue.

Then I never got around to posting last Tuesdays Teapot Tuesdays challenge.  So . .  . We’re off to London! Where’s my passport? Where are my tickets for the Queen Mary? We must be ready to meet the queen! I suppose we need an umbrella . . . ummmmm . . . what? Not THAT London?!?!? But we were suppose to play golf on the Scottish links. I know they said Tee Time . . . ohhhh . . . TEA time. Well all this confusion must mean its Teapot Tuesday and a new story: THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN' THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'! MMTPT121.

Now Bonnie MacDonald (not those McDonald’s) some guys named Brice and Bricke tried to warn her not to cross but nothing would keep Bonnie from a nice round of golf). Imagine her surprise when she arrives, ready to play, and discovers that they said TEA time! Oh well at least she has on a lovely hat! Where are the cookies? (We have to give Pete a few treats - right?)
I started off with a frilly Victorian image and then when I came up with a caption of "Did someone say Tea time?" I remembered my image from Digital Two for Tuesday of the lady golfer and I KNEW what I had to do. Image is colored with Copics; sentiment is computer generated (as is the inside that says "Oh Dear, you said TEA time"), paper is from stash.
 
Finally, as promised is the page I did for the oldest goddaughter's christening page (so little here and yet she is a sophomore in high school now going to her first semi-formal this coming weekend).


I used a MS punch for the gold doily border and computer generated the title/description one the strips around the edge.  DP is also from our girl MS.

3 comments:

NormaJean said...

Hi Gale, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment on my Kenny K. card... I also have the image you used, and was thinking about her also but decided to go with the one I did...I enjoyed looking at your blog, Love the scrapbook pages and cards
Hugs Norma Jean

Cheryl Valadez said...

Fabulous projects! Love the Tee/Tea story! Your Kenny K card is a beauty and those embossed snowflakes in the background set off the image perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge! Hugz, Cheryl

JB said...

Hi Gale , thank you for your
lovely comment on my card .
Love your cards and lo , good
luck with the challenge .

Jenny