No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

19 November 2010

The Big Poppy?????

This is for this week's Teapot Tuesday MMTPT120 "Route 66 is over-rated! 88 is completely shaded" where we are bringing birthday wishes to Evelyn who is turning 88. See here for the whole story.

Now Miss Evelyn is from my neck of the woods and is a citizen of the Red Sox Nation (as well as a citizen of MA). So I stopped to pick up a card for her at the Spoil An 88 Year Old Grandma For Her Birthday Shoppe where they had 42,000 different cards. I said I wanted one for a Red Sox fan maybe something with a picture of The Big Papi on it (David Ortiz). I think the shop owner was so confused after having been visited by 42,000 cannoli eating, espresso and tea drinking teapot partiers (oh and one cow trying to sell signs to her) that she thought I wanted a card with a big poppy on it. So Miss Evelyn, Happy Birthday from "The Big Poppy!"

Image: Scroll Works - Poppy stamped with Tuxedo Black Mementos ink and water colored with water soluble crayons; Sentiment: Inkadinkado Garden Flower set; DP is DCWV and ribbon is SU.


No comments: