No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

08 November 2010

Don't be square . . .

We are 9 followers away from the first Blog Candy give away - yummy spools of ribbon (including some Christmas ribbon).  If you aren't a follower yet, come and join us, and if you are then tell your friends.

I have been busy as a bee but only this one card to show you - for now.  I have been working on scrapbooks for my goddaughters.  I have never scrapbooked before but I figured it was like a cross between altered books and card making.  I have used SCS's scrapbook gallery as inspiration and so far things are going pretty well.  I will have pictures as soon as I am SURE the girls do not read my blog - I think they are too busy with their own lives to worry about what Auntie Gale does.

So today's card is for two challenges: Kenny K's Krafty Girlz "Anything But a Square" to make a card that is not square or traditional card shaped; and Teapot Tuesday's Challenge #119 "Daisy, Lou and the Blue Canoe". 

So here is my story:  This is Daisy's friend Delilah who made up the story about Daisy's lovely boat and a lovely trip by the water.  Delilah meant no harm in lying to us all, it is just Daisy is so good to her and Lou and she had to do something special for Daisy.  See Daisy is feeling as blue as her canoe because she is in love with Lou but he never notices her and all he ever wants to do is go cruising around on his barge and catch piranhas - yuck!  Delilah figures if Daisy has a beautiful canoe then Lou might notice her while he is out on his dingy old barge.  Now we just got to forgive her, right?  I mean all IS fair in love and war they say . . . Delilah's contribution to this whole flower power canoe deal is this lovely pink shasta daisy she found growing all by itself on the side of the Amazon river.  Who'd of thunk?


Image: Kenny K's Queens Cutie colored with copics with white gel pen and sukra glaze pink gel pen for her lips (hey a girl needs her lip gloss right?); DP is DCWV, CS is Bazzill (pink) and from stash; Daisy is SVGCuts 3D Mums and Fall flowers Black-eyed Susan using SCAL for cricut machines with a center of Basic Grey glazed brad (so is her earring).  Sentiment is a free font cut with SCAL on cricut.

2 comments:

Patty said...

You have made her as cute as can be! Love your card!

Bev said...

This really is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at KK this week x