No - this is not my house . . .

This photo was part of a creativity exercise I did a while ago which was a study of light, shadow and textures. This is one of a group of rental cottages in Truro, MA which is here on Cape Cod. Check out the slide show for more pics.







To view a larger image of the photos in my posts - just click on the image. Then use your browsers back button to return to the blog post.

22 December 2010

Plein d'air (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

So much to do and art class too! 42000 Teapotters in an art studio all trying to pull something over on the teacher while they get their blank canvas covered. Confused? Amused? Check out this week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge: WATER COLORS, OILS AND CHALK! HEY, WHAT'S THAT UNDER YOUR SMOCK?

So here is my story:

I tried - I really tried - to stay in the studio with 42000 wild and whirly teapot party artists, but it just got too crazed so I threw on my coat, grabbed my portable easel and went out to paint a landscape of the village - Plein d'air they call it. We have had a major snow storm here on the Cape so every thing is covered with almost a foot of snow. It all looked so lovely but my water for my watercolors - water soluble crayons actually - kept freezing. Maybe I should have throw a little alcohol into the water :-) Finally its done and now I can go get a hot cup of tea and some cookies and warm up while I watch the rest of the teapotters trying to hid stamps and embossing folders and everything else under their smocks!

I needed one more special holiday card and this blank canvas idea was perfect. It is also a perfect time to wish all of you "Peace on Earth"! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Image - I have no idea. I received this stamped image in a swap a few years ago and I just uncovered it from where it was stashed - water colored with water soluble crayons and then a little stickles on the snow in the foreground to bling it up; sentiment is Anna Griffin 3-D Christmas stickers; DP is our girl MS.

No comments: